Location : Richmond, VA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Job Description :
Accounting Manager needed for worker's comp group in Richmond, VA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely closings, financial statements, and accounts receivable reports.
- Supervises cash application staff, ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Addresses tight deadlines for various accounting activities including monthly journal entries, monthly reconciliations, write-offs and refunds.
- Handle lockbox, ACH and wire transfer issues with bank and Treasury Department.
- Communicate complex financial information in a manner that is easily understood to CFO, RVP’s, Account Managers and field offices.
- Work with internal and external auditors to comply with all requests in a timely manner.
- Special projects, analytic reviews and ad-hoc reports.
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Management or supervisory experience
- Strong audit and financial analysis foundation
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with ERP accounting package, preferably PeopleSoft
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office suite, including advanced Excel and Access
- Possess strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including the analysis and reporting of accounts receivable and financial data
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow