Controller needed to support a seven clinic urgent care practice in Hampton Roads area of VA, with rapid growth plans to other areas of VA. Travel will be needed throughout the VA area and will have to travel to corporate HQ in Illinois as needed.
The Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel revenue recognition
- Oversee the activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; quarterly and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Respond to CEO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- At least 7 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills