Health Care Director
The Healthcare Director is entrusted with the responsibility for the direction, implementation, and oversight of health care services for all participants. All interactions will exhibit the guiding principles of respect, dignity, individuality, and person-centered practices. All duties are conducted within the scope of their licensing and regulatory agencies.
Candidate must have:
- Desire to work with the elderly and adults with disabilities using high nursing skills and standards. Possession of leadership and organizational skills.
- Current unencumbered license to work as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia, CPR certification, First Aid certificate
- Ability to patiently and tactfully deal with all persons in all situations. Ability to make independent and prudent decisions within the scope of responsibilities and assignments. Ability to maintain calmness, patience, good sense of perspective, and remain tactful and courteous under sometimes stressful situations with difficult personalities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS), Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS), Department of Social Services (DSS), Human Rights regulation
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to relate well with people and motivate staff and volunteers
- Ability to lead co-workers by example as an exemplary team member, with minimal supervision
- Maintains confidentiality
- Able to organize work and complete assigned tasks in order of necessary priority level
- Ability to handle computer functions such as word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure in an environment with many interruptions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Active RN or LPN license
Minimum 5 years experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and older adults (combination acceptable)
Minimum associates degree required