Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Seeking Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants in the South Boston, VA area who are looking for a challenging & rewarding career with a new practice. Please see below details on job description.
The ideal candidate will
- be licensed as an NP or PA-C in the state of Virginia;
- be able to work independently (under indirect supervision);
- have at least one year of experience (2+ preferred) as a provider in an urgent, immediate, or emergency care setting;
- appreciate the good, the bad, and the ugly of urgent care, and value working in a team-oriented, patient-centric culture;
- promote teamwork between clinical and administrative staff;
- have the ability to use judgment to determine when a supervising physician should be consulted;
- be flexible and adaptable with a focus on not turning any patient away before exhausting all reasonable options; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
The practice will be open 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekends. As well, is open on all holidays except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Work shifts are typically 12 hours, and average expected patient volume is 3-4 patients per hour.
Schedules are determined on a quarterly basis allowing greater flexibility to accommodate vacations, CME, other personal and professional commitments. Compensation is competitive, with the potential to earn an incentive bonus based achieving/exceeding practice, clinic, and individual targets.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), CME, and PTO. Salary will DOE.
Medicus Staffing Team