Seeking friendly & professional Radiology Technicians in the South Boston, VA area to work in conjunction with our providers (Physician/Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant), clinical staff, and front desk staff.
You will complete the following duties:
- Perform accurate X-Rays as ordered by the Provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
- Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read.
- Room patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients and providers as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be licensed and accredited by ARRT and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Two years of clinical experience in related field preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
The practice is located in South Boston, VA, and will be open 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekends. As well, open on all holidays except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Work shifts are typically 12 hours, and average expected patient volume is 3-4 patients per hour.
A comprehensive benefits package is provided including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), and PTO. Pay rate will DOE.